May 29, 2009

Invitations - foiling the printers' evil plan

I wanted the event invitation cards silver foiled and embossed, but due to a whopping charge from several printers I followed Clare's advice and ordered some omnichrome - hit & miss laser printer transfer foil. Print your image, overly the foil sheet, heat it, and supposedly your image foils.

Tonight I invaded Kate's flat and took advantage of her, her laser printer and her laminator to get a few prototype invites done. Of course, when the date is set for the event and the client stumps up for the actual invitations they'll be properly foiled by a professional printers, but this is the best I can get with my budget and abilities.

Still, looks pretty good.

Below the photo shows the many, many test pieces made in advance of attempting The Real Thing. Pics of the final result when I have daylight to photograph them tomorrow.

No comments: